My wife, and I had the opportunity to dine at DOSA on Fillmore during Dine about Town in January. DOSA on Fillmore is a vibrant and elegant place that has fantastic food to enjoy with friends and loved ones.
Food & Drinks: [$36.95/ea. Wine Pairing $22/ea.]
- First Course
- South Indian Bhel Puri – Puffed rice, green mango, beets, potatoes, tomatoes, onions & coriander, spicy & sweet chutneys
- Lotus Stem Day Boat Scallops – Cilantro, chiles, mustard, maple sauce, with fried lotus stems
- Wine: Sula Chenin Blanc
- Second Course
- Green Mango & Paneer Dosa – Spicy, pickled mango relish, shredded farmer’s cheese, cilantro
- Trumpet Mushrooms Uttapam – Light drizzle of truffle oil, cilantro & curry leaves, grilled pancake-style
- Wine: Kawarau Sauvignon Blanc
- Third Course
- Chicken & Eggplant – Natural, boneless, “bharta”-style roasted and pureed eggplant & peas with lemon rice
- Tamil Lamb – Free-range & natural, fennel, tomatoes, poppy seeds, caramelized onions & spices with lemon rice
- Wine: Old York Malbec
Overall, each item we ordered was very delicious and had it’s own unique taste and texture. For our first dish the Puri had a nice sweet crunchy texture that was spot on. The scallops were good, but didn’t stand out compared to the second and third course. Now the DOSA’s, that was just amazing! A warm gooey cheese inside cooked perfectly, and when you dip it into the sauces it just melts in your mouth. The Uttapam was like any other pancake-style item that taste good, but taste even better once you dip it into the sauces! Our third and final course made the dinner even more spectacular as the flavors just popped. The Tamil Lamb has a nice spicy kick to it (medium) that brings out the wonderful flavors, while the Chicken & Eggplant tasted great with the lemon rice. The wine’s for each course complimented the dishes well.
As for the service, it was just mediocre. We had to wave our hands to get their attention as they just walked by us a few times without even looking or seeing how we’re doing.
Last but not least, it’s nice to know that ”DOSA is committed to sustainable & healthy choices by using local & organic ingredients as much as possible, natural, free-range & grass-fed lamb, cage-free eggs, anti-biotic-free & hormone-free chicken, fresh & sustainably-caught fish and non-GMO oils.”
- Make reservations!
- Get there at least 15 minutes early to find parking!
- Full menu is online.
Have you tried DOSA on Fillmore before? Let us know how you liked it in the comments below!
If you have a favorite Indian restaurant, we want to hear about it. Click here to send us a message!
1700 Fillmore St
(between Post St & Sutter St)
San Francisco, CA 94115
Neighborhoods: Japantown, Lower Pacific Heights